Below are pictures and stories of some of the most complex restorative work we do. All of these people have received advanced reconstructive procedures from Aesthetic Family Dentistry.
This patient came to us with concerns about older restorations, receding gums and discolored/worn teeth.
Full Mouth rehabilitation utilizing porcelain crowns and veneers as well as a bite guard to protect it all.
This patient went from hiding her entire smile to now showing off a big, beautiful, bright smile in a short amount of time. We were able to greatly improve and balance her bite as well which created more stability and better function for her. The process took years off her appearance as well.
Terry had been a patient for a while when we began discussing a reconstruction of his smile and bite. He was 52 years old and had problems from a collapsed bite that was also very worn down. He had become very aware of his appearance and had adjusted his smile over time so that it would not show his teeth. Below are pictures of Terry and his teeth before treatment.
- New Crowns – 10 on the top and 6 on the bottom.
- Gum Recontouring – bite guard appliance to protect the new crown and maintain bite stability.
Work was completed in only 2 office visits over the course of 4 weeks.
Terry is once again showing his teeth when he smiles!
Linda was 65 years old and a successful writer suffering from gum disease, multiple cavities, failing crowns, an uneven bite and had teeth that needed to be removed.The pictures below are Linda’s teeth before treatment began.
- Gum Treatment – included special implants placed by an periodontal surgeon.
- New Crowns – 20 plus 2 implant bridges!
- Bite Stabilization – bite guard used to maintain the bite position and protect the crown work.
She went out on her book tour with confidence in a renewed smile!
Kathy was suffering from a collapsed bite where her bottom teeth would touch her upper gums when she bit down all of the way. She was also missing some back teeth. Below are pictures of Kathy and her teeth before treatment.
- New Crowns – 22 with a natural color (not the brite white)!
- Bridge work – Two 3 tooth bridges were inserted.
- Gum Recontouring – bite guard was used to maintain the new bite position and protect the new crown work.
Work was completed in only 2 office visits.
Eliminated muscle tightness in and around her jaw and her bite felt completely different. She began smiling much more than she ever had before. She almost received a face lift because the muscles in her face responded positively (the muscles are relaxed as opposed to stressed).
She presented with a deep collapsed bite where teeth and crowns were breaking and metal was showing along with a very “gummy” smile which made her tooth look even smaller. She wanted all her teeth to look the same.
Gum recontouring on both the upper and lower arches occurred. The bite was then opened with all porcelain crowns and bridges throughout the whole mouth.
Improved size of the teeth with a much more stable bite and less gummy smile. Dorothy loves her new smile and many of her friends, family and co-workers have noticed.
This gentleman came to our office with concerns over old metal materials in his mouth and its overall health.
- A progressively phased plan was made to address the back teeth and restore them to health first.
- Next we addressed the worn down front teeth which were no longer functioning properly in his bite.
- This also allowed us to improve how Richard felt about the appearance of his smile along with increasing strength and function.
Full mouth restoration with porcelain crowns and veneers which brought a bigger brighter smile to his face and greatly improved his overall biting function. According to Richard: “It was definitely worth doing and wish I had done it earlier.”
Learn more about all of our Cosmetic and Function Specialties