Dental implants provide a permanent solution for missing or broken teeth that cannot be repaired. Implants can also be used to replace teeth that have suffered damage or have become infected as well. They are the best way to maintain the shape and function of the mouth while providing support for your existing teeth and gums, and your face.
When considering your options for replacing or repairing your teeth, consider our dental team at Aesthetic Family Dentistry. Our experienced dentists can provide you with dental implants that will last a lifetime. Rather than opt for dentures, bridges, or crowns that need constant maintenance and replacement every few years, dental implants can last for the rest of your life when they are cared for properly.
You’ll love the way the dental implants look, feel, and function like your natural teeth. Because of their durability and consistency in treatment, dental implants are one of the most sought-after dental treatments for replacing missing or broken teeth.
What Makes Dental Implants Difference From Other Treatment Options?
When it comes to dental implants, the benefits far outweigh the cost and even procedure to have the implants inserted into the gums. Other treatment options, such as partial dentures, bridges, and crowns require some support from natural teeth, which can wear away the enamel and structure of the surrounding teeth.
What’s more, bridges and crowns need to be replaced every so many years, which can add costs and discomfort to your treatment routines. Dental implants, however, are inserted into the bone of the gum and become permanent fixtures in your mouth.
Implants have three main parts:
- A titanium rod that is used to secure the implant to the gums. This rod will bond with your existing bone and become part of your body.
- The abutment is the part of the implant that will cap the rod and prepare it to receive the crown.
- The third part of the implant is the crown.
Other benefits to dental implants:
- They won’t come loose.
- They don’t require any additional maintenance than your existing teeth. They’re strong and sturdy just like your natural teeth.
- They can replace multiple teeth in a row, scattered throughout your mouth, or can be used to replace all of your teeth with implants instead of dentures.
What is the Process for Getting Dental Implants?
At our dental practice in Phoenix, Arizona, dental implants are a common treatment option for our patients. We’ll work with you to ensure that you’re a good candidate for the procedure and provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision about implants and replacing missing teeth.
When you’re ready to get started, we’ll take a set of digital x-rays and prepare impressions of your mouth so we can begin building the rods for your implants. Once our office receives the necessary components, we’ll invite you back to be fitted with the titanium rod.
After getting the rod inserted into your mouth, you’ll head home to heal for a few months, In the meantime, we’ll offer you a temporary crown or partial denture to hide the missing teeth in your mouth. Once your gums have healed, and the rod has graphed to the bone in your jaw, we’ll be able to place your custom crown(s) on the rods in your gums, completing the process. The entire process can take a few months, but it is well worth the time and effort to achieve the smile of your dreams!
What Type of Dental Implants Are Available?
We are pleased to offer our patients a variety of options to replace their missing or broken teeth. We provide single implant placement, multi-tooth implant placement, and all-on-four implant placement.
- For multi-tooth implant placement, several implants are placed and crowns are fitted across the gums to close the gaps of the teeth.
- For all-on-four implants, four implants are placed throughout the mouth – top and bottom arches if necessary – and permanent dentures are affixed to the implants. These are optimal for people who don’t wish to invest time or money into a full set of implants but want the security and longevity of an implant plus denture combination.
When you visit our dental office in Phoenix, Arizona, we’ll walk you through the options and help you make the right choice for your needs.
Contact Aesthetic Family Dentistry in Phoenix, Arizona Today
Interested in learning more about how dental implants can improve the look and function of your smile? Contact our office today to find out if you’re a candidate for dental implants and to start the process of replacing your missing or broken teeth. Call (480) 515-0404 to book your appointment today.