You may be surprised that something as small as a mouthguard can make such a huge difference in how you sleep. Yet many of our patients rest better than they have in years with our sleep apnea treatment in Cave Creek.
Dr. Russell Roderick will fit you for a custom mouthguard that will:
- Gently move your jaw into a position that keeps your airway open, so you can breathe easily all night
- Fit better than a store-bought mouthguard so it’s completely comfortable to wear
- Provide a less invasive alternative to a CPAP machine
- Silence your snoring so others in your household won’t be up all night
- Fit easily into a purse or a pocket, so you can take it anywhere with you
If you think you could have sleep apnea, call us today at 480-420-9562. Even if you don’t have apnea, a mouthguard will stop you from snoring. If you have a CPAP you’ve stopped using because you find it uncomfortable, ask us about replacing it with a mouthguard.
Improve Your Overall Health by Treating Sleep Apnea
If you have obstructive sleep apnea, your tongue or other tissue blocks your airway while you sleep. A blocked airway causes you to briefly awaken many times a night as you gasp for breath. This obviously affects your quality of sleep, so you awaken feeling tired instead of refreshed. You may suffer from symptoms such as headaches, irritability, and a lack of focus during the day.
Even worse, sleep apnea is associated with such serious health issues as hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease.
Be Aware of Sleep Apnea Risk Factors
Sleep apnea is most common in men over age 40. Whether you’re a man or a woman, you’re at a greater risk for apnea if you:
- Are overweight
- Have a large neck (17 inches or more for men, 16 inches or more for women)
- Have a family history of sleep disorders
- Suffer from allergies, sinus problems, or a deviated septum
- Have a small airway and/or a large tongue
For sleep apnea treatment in Cave Creek, call 480-420-9562.