Keep Your Teeth Intact With TMJ Treatment in Cave Creek, AZ
More than 10 million people in the U.S. have TMJ disorder. Source.
If you haven’t had an anatomy class, you may not know that your temporomandibular joints (TMJ) connect your jaw to your skull. You’ll certainly know if they’ve become painful and inflamed, though, because you use them for everyday activities like eating and laughing. Fortunately, we can relieve your pain with TMJ treatment in Cave Creek.
Our treatment will:
- Use a drug-free method to relieve pressure on your jaw so it can heal
- Assess your bite and other factors that may contribute to your pain
- Relieve symptoms like headaches and earaches
- Prevent pain from spreading from your jaw to your neck, shoulders, and other areas
If you’re experiencing TMJ pain or other symptoms, call us at 480-420-9562.
Eliminate Pressure on Your Jaw With a Custom Night Guard
During every dental exam, Dr. Russell Roderick will look for signs of TMJ trouble, like a teeth grinding habit that can not only irritate your TMJ but also damage your teeth. If he finds any, he will likely recommend a custom-made night guard or other oral appliance. A night guard will prevent you from clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth. It also relieves pressure on your jaw so your inflamed joints can heal.
He’ll fit you for a custom night guard by making impressions of your teeth. Unlike a store-bought night guard, it will fit you perfectly. With a custom fit, you won’t be tempted to leave it on your nightstand instead of wearing it.
Dr. Roderick will also determine whether there are any contributing factors that may need treatment. For example, we may be able to fix a bite problem with Invisalign orthodontics.
While jaw pain is the primary symptom of a TMJ disorder, or TMD, it isn’t the only one. See us for help if you experience these symptoms along with jaw pain:
- Swollen face, especially around your jaw
- Lockjaw, or difficulty opening your mouth
- Frequent unexplained headaches or earaches
- Pain in your neck and shoulders
For TMJ treatment in Cave Creek, call 480-420-9562. Or .