You know sleep apnea in Cave Creek is annoying if you and other members of your household are losing sleep due to your snoring. However, you may not realize how unhealthy it is. Research has linked it to such serious conditions as diabetes, hypertension, and stroke. We treat sleep apnea with a custom-made mouthguard.
Our sleep apnea treatment will:
- Enable you to breathe easily throughout the night
- Lessen your risk of health problems associated with apnea
- Improve your sleep quality, so you’re rested and alert during the day
- Minimize unpleasant sleep apnea symptoms like dry mouth and headaches
- Stop your snoring so your entire household can get a good night’s sleep
The National Center on Sleep Disorders Research estimates that more than 20 million Americans suffer from sleep-disordered breathing. If you think you’re one of them, call us at 480-420-9562. If you’ve had a sleep study done, bring the results with you. If you haven’t, Dr. Russell Roderick will assess you and may recommend a study.
Try a Custom Mouthguard If a CPAP Isn’t Working for You
If you have obstructive sleep apnea, a condition in which your tongue or other tissue blocks your airway multiple times a night, you may already have a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine. It keeps your airway open with a stream of pressurized air that you breathe in through a mask worn over your face. You may have stopped wearing it if you or your bed partner found it distracting or uncomfortable.
Dr. Roderick has fitted many former CPAP users for a custom-made sleep apnea mouthguard called a mandibular advancement device. It works by moving your lower jaw slightly forward, which tightens the muscles of your airway so it stays unobstructed while you sleep.
Many people find a mouthguard:
- More Comfortable – With a mouthguard, there’s no mask to rub against your face or air to dry out your mouth and throat.
- Easier to Use – You won’t get tangled in tubing with a mouthguard. Since it requires no electricity or batteries, you can use it anywhere.
If you need help with sleep apnea in Cave Creek, call us today at 480-420-9562.