Don’t swear off barbecued ribs or other favorite meals because of dental damage. With restorative dentistry in Cave Creek, you’ll be able to eat whatever you’d like, even chewy and crunchy foods.
Our restorative dental care won’t just improve your meals. It will:
- Make your smile attractive again
- Help you speak more clearly, so you’re easily understood
- Give you more confidence when meeting new people
- Relieve discomfort caused by damaged teeth
As a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry, Dr. Roderick has invested more than 2,000 hours in continuing education, including many hours in restorative dentistry procedures. Only about 6 percent of dentists in North America have earned their FAGD accreditation. With his expertise and advanced technology like our 3D imaging, he can solve problems affecting individual teeth or create a comprehensive plan for a full-mouth rehabilitation, replacing all or most of your teeth. He performs several reconstructions a year.
Solve Your Problem With the Right Dental Restorations
From cavities to missing teeth, we can solve many dental problems with our restorative dental treatments:
- Tooth Fillings – We use amalgam-free fillings made of tooth-colored composite. Unlike metal fillings, they look natural in your smile. They’re also less likely to cause an allergic reaction or other health issue.
- Dental Crowns – A crown repairs damage like breaks, cracks, and severe decay. Our porcelain crowns are strong, beautiful, and stain-resistant. Dr. Russell Roderick can also remove old metal restorations and replace them with porcelain.
- Inlays and Onlays – These restorations cover more of a tooth than a cavity but less than a crown. We sometimes use them instead of a crown to fix cavities that are too large for a filling.
- Dental Implants – Dr. Roderick can help you find an oral surgeon for dental implant placement. When the implant is fully healed, he can restore it with a crown, a bridge, or even dentures.
- Dental Bridges – A dental bridge can replace one tooth or several missing teeth in a row. A bridge is often attached to your surrounding teeth, but we can attach it to dental implants instead to avoid the need to modify healthy teeth.
- Dentures – Replace teeth with removable dentures or with dental implant dentures that don’t need to be removed.
- Gum Recession Treatment – If your gums are beginning to recede due to gum disease, we’ll restore your periodontal health with a deep cleaning treatment.
With our restorative care, you may be able to avoid a root canal or a tooth extraction. If an extraction is needed, Dr. Roderick can often perform it or will refer you to an oral surgeon. He can also refer you to a specialist for a root canal if you need one.
Remain Relaxed During Restorative Care With Dental Sedation
Dental sedation can keep you relaxed while you’re under our care, especially if you’re having lengthy or multiple procedures. We offer three options:
- Inhaled Sedation – Also called laughing gas, it takes effect quickly when breathed in through a small mask worn over your noise. It also wears off quickly and leaves no lingering grogginess.
- Oral Sedative – For a deeper level of relaxation, we can provide you with a safe prescription medication.
- NuCalm – This form of natural sedation involves no drugs. Instead, a combination of amino acids and neuroacoustics (calming music or nature sounds) sends your brain into a relaxed state.