If you’re in pain, it’s difficult to discuss treatment options, make decisions about your care, or sometimes even remain still during dental procedures. We numb your mouth with local anesthesia to deaden pain, but you may also want to receive dental sedation in Cave Creek for your discomfort.
Unlike many dentists, we offer a range of sedation, including:
- Laughing Gas – So safe that even young children can receive it, laughing gas is inhaled through a small mask worn over your nose. It’s a great choice in dental emergencies because it takes effect very quickly. It also wears off quickly and without any lingering grogginess.
- Oral Sedation – For a deeper level of relaxation, we can give you a safe prescription medication. You’ll relax more deeply, so you’re less aware of sights, sounds, and sensations.
- NuCalm – This technology uses a combination of amino acid tablets, calming music and nature sounds, light-blocking glasses, and FDA-approved patches behind each ear to naturally relax you without drugs.
If your pain is due to a dental emergency, call us ASAP at 480-420-9562. We’ll work you into our schedule right away, if possible. It’s a good idea to program our number into your smartphone; in some emergencies, minutes count.
Take Care of Dental Damage Until Your Appointment
Dr. Russell Roderick can repair painful problems like cavities and broken teeth with restorative dentistry procedures. You can improve the odds of a successful procedure by properly caring for a damaged tooth until your appointment. Here is how to handle some common emergency situations:
- Broken Tooth – Collect any pieces and bring them with you, if possible. Use ice to relieve any pain and/or swelling.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Get to us as soon as you can, preferably within an hour. We may be able to reimplant the tooth in its socket so you won’t lose it. Try to keep it in its socket or between your cheek and gum. Don’t touch the tooth roots; handle it only by the crown (white part).
- Broken Dental Crown – If you can, keep it in place with dental cement (which can be purchased at most drugstores) or even with toothpaste. Don’t bite down on it.
Don’t worry about pain with dental sedation in Cave Creek. Call Aesthetic Family Dentistry at 480-420-9562.