Some patients experience mild unease when they go to the dentist while others have extreme anxiety. No matter how much dental fear you feel, we’ll help you overcome it with sedation options in Cave Creek.Nu Calm
Our safe dental sedation will:
- Allow you to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted without fear or discomfort
- Enable you to stay relaxed during a lengthy procedure or multiple procedures
- Make you less aware of sights, sounds, and sensations that bother you
- Give you peace of mind if you’ve experienced past difficulties getting numb with local anesthesia
- Ease a sensitive gag reflex
Schedule a stress-free appointment by calling us at 480-420-9562.
We’ll Help You Find the Right Level of Sedation
To ensure you receive the right level of sedation, Dr. Russell Roderick will consider your physical condition, your prior experiences at the dentist, and the kind of treatment you’ll receive. We encourage you to be honest with us about your pain tolerance and your past history with sedation. Working together, we’ll select the kind of sedation that will work best for you.
Your choices include:
- Inhaled Sedation – This noninvasive sedation, also called laughing gas, is safe even for young children. You receive it through a small mask you wear over your nose. It takes effect within minutes and wears off fast too. We can quickly adjust the amount you receive during your treatment. You won’t feel groggy afterward.
- Oral Sedation – You’ll take a safe prescription pill before your procedure. It will leave you largely unaware of what is happening around you, although you’ll still be able to answer questions and communicate with us during your treatment. Because its effects last for several hours, you’ll need a ride home.
- NuCalm – To relieve general anxiety or for minor procedures, you can try our drug-free sedation called NuCalm. You’ll take natural amino acid tablets and listen to calming music or nature sounds that counteract the adrenaline released by your brain when you feel anxious. You also wear dark glasses that block out light and FDA-approved patches behind each ear that further relax you. This four-part process mimics what happens in your brain naturally during the first stages of sleep.
A Comfortable Atmosphere & Early Hours Can Help You Relax
Some anxious patients find it helps to visit our office at non-busy times. We offer appointments beginning at 7 a.m. on Thursdays and Fridays. An early visit also allows you to get your appointment out of the way, so you won’t think about it throughout your day.
You’ll also appreciate our relaxing atmosphere, which feels like a home and not a hospital. Help yourself to a refreshment from our beverage bar! During your treatment, you can watch TV or a movie on a ceiling-mounted monitor while we work. A warm blanket and neck or back pillows also will help you stay comfortable and cozy.
To explore our sedation options in Cave Creek, call us today at 480-420-9562.